This well traced track leads to the hamlet of Salce which was inhabited until 1958. Next, it is steeper crossing a dry beech forest in order to reach an old hayfield at the Touret mountain pass which dominates the Tourot canyons.
In the village of Périer, pass in front of the old Alpinistes hotel and go right into rue de la Scierie left of the wash house.. Over the sawmill cross Tourot bridge and go up a few bends onto a limestone slope.. Pass two ruins, the elevated path above the Tourot canyons, come out near to Salce farm. At a fork situated at the summit of the prairies, take the itinerary to the left.. Near to the mountain pass, the old hayfields are now pastures for chamois goats and deer. On the ridge, take a path to the left penetrating the little fir tree wood to reach the Roche du Touret, a magnificent belvedere over the valley and the Grand Armet mountain range to the West. Return using the same itinerary.
Coach stop : Le Périer
From Valbonnais take the D526, cross Entraigues and continue to Périer village.
Maison du Parc du Valbonnais
Reception, information, temporary exhibition room, reading room and video-projection on demand. Shop: products and works of the Park. Free admission. All animations of the Park are free unless otherwise stated.
Place du Docteur Eyraud
Lat: 44.90153, Lng: 5.9496
This trek is within park center, please read access rules.
Clic for map interaction